Staff Technical Writer
Professional At Home Jobs (https://professionalathomejobs.com) is seeking for someone to fill the position of a Staff Technical Writer to work virtually only in the U.S.
JOB TYPES: Flexible; MUST be a U.S. citizen.
- Write clear and accurate documentation that enables customers to use and manage Splunk software effectively and efficiently. Integrate quickly with new scrum teams to learn their subject matter and build productive working relationships.
- Work closely with agile development teams and product managers to define documentation requirements and produce customer-facing docs.
- Discuss technical details and solve problems with engineers, customer support reps, technical writers, and customers every day.
- Collaborate with other writers and coordinate on the delivery of shared content.
- Follow an established style guide and work with editors to create the best possible documentation for customers.
- Respond directly to user feedback in email and Slack and integrate user suggestions to continuously improve your documentation.
- 4/+ years of experience writing documentation for sophisticated enterprise software products. College degree in Computer Science or related field, or relevant professional experience.
- Experience documenting software systems that are configured through API endpoints and command-line interfaces, as well as a GUI.
- Familiarity with Windows and Linux system administrator tasks.
- Samples that showcase your best work.
- Ability to manage time and priorities in a dynamic development environment at a high-growth company.
- Knowledge of distributed systems and clusters.
- Experience writing for system administrator audiences.
- Enjoy working on a variety of projects and quickly gaining the technical proficiency needed to contribute independently.
- Have a demonstrated ability to deliver high-quality work and the technical background to engage directly with software engineers, product managers, and other technical writers.
- Collaborative, curious, and persistent, with a proactive approach to delivering results. Comfortable working in an Agile environment and tracking the work of one or more scrum teams throughout the product development cycle.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Computer, Internet, and a home office set-up.
PAY: $15.00 per hour
TO BECOME AN AGENT:
Apply at https://professionalathomejobs.com and click on Join Now and select the Clerical Remote Job Bank Registry to get connected to our remote clerical job positions. Please reference agent ID code PAHJEWeaver when you register online.
If you have any further questions, please contact us at (405) 633-0449.